Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Kissy

I got my first little job on Elance, already! (see last post) The buyer needed a mascot for her blog about romantic advice and fashion tips. She wanted her mascot to be a little bit Beyonce, but also a little bit ghetto, because she's going to be talking a lot of trash:

I never paint stuff in this airbrushy style, but I tried it for Kissy here, and I think she came out pretty good.

This color technique isn't my favorite, but so many modern comics are painted this way nowadays. It gives it a professional feel, which I think will impress the viewer, if only in their subconscious. Somewhere in the back of their minds, they'll be thinking, "Up to date, corporate, trustworthy." Which the client needs, because she'll be selling some of the products she touts on her blog.

No comments: